Yeah, yeah, I still don’t what to call it Hey guys, How are y’all? So, today’s post, as you can see, is me reacting to your unpopular opinions about music. These are just my reactions to your opinions. Like my exact, same reactions I gave when I read them. So I don’t mean to offend anyone here, but if you still are, then sorry for that. The bold sentences are YOUR unpopular opinions. The sentences in italics are MY reaction to them. So here goes…
Riddhi @Whispering Stories
Well, my unpopular opinion is the opposite of yours: I can’t read without listening to music. -Ahh, but is it unpopular? I know so many people who can’t read without listening to music.
My other unpopular opinions are:
1. Blank Space is sorta an overrated song- I personally like Style and Out of the Woods more from that particular album -Wae?? Style and Out of the Woods are really good, and Style is equally popular, right? And Blank space, for me, is not overrated. I like it a lot. Delicate too. I know so many peepaals think it’s overrated.
2. Lately Bollywood music has reached new lows, no matter what other people say. Music of the early 2010s was so amazing, and these days these people just remix stuff and not even in a good way! -IKR!!!!! And so many artists are plagiarizing K-Pop songs too! And bollywood songs are just LOUD.
3. Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion, but I like folklore and evermore much more than TS’s older albums -I think it is. Many don’t like evermore. evermore is actually really good. And folklore is awe-mazing. But I like Lover better than these two. And 1989, Red and Reputation are awe-mazing too! 4. Olivia Rodrigo writes awesome stuff, but not all her beats and stuff are that great. Also, she looks like she is a sweet person, but she gives me snakey vibes I don’t know why. Also, I seriously think that she’s a Taylor Swift wannabe. Like being a fan is one thing, but entirely copying TS’s style is another -I hate her. And so I agree with you! And yes, I really think she’s a TS wannabe too!
5. Anne Marie actually has a very nice voice and some real good music -I have only listened to FRIENDS by her. Idk :((
6. Harry Styles is overrated –Idk. I haven’t listened to any of his solos.
Akshita @Anthology of Akshita’s Thoughts
1. I really think BTS needs to work more on their lyrics. -Ahem 🙂 This opinion is indeed unpopular. Only you I guess.
“I do believe your galaxy.
I want to listen to your melody.
The stars in your Milky Way,
How will they appear in your sky?
Don’t forget that I found you anyways.
At the end of my despair.
You’re the last reason.
For me who was standing at the edge of the cliff.
Not enough? Listen to Magic Shop, So What, 4 o’ clock. The lyrics for Dynamite,Butter etc etc, those popular songs you’ve listened to, are not written by them.
2. Tony Kakkar songs should NOT become big hits! –I like Coca Cola. The only song I’ve heard, by him. So, idk.
3. Listening to music while studying is a very bad idea. I fochs on the song and lose track of what I was studying. -Same
MM @Your Choice
1. music is what you need it to be.
if it’s to aid you while studying, that’s it.
if you feel that the lyrics and music are underwhelming, it’ll continue to be so.
if wounds heal from it, it’ll rejuvenate you.
2. all of the big artists in the public eye are for political use in the US Media, or just other medias in general.
An example of this is literally the Grammy’s in 2020. The artists were literally using the oppression of black people as a reason to rile people to vote for a president in the US. They were only saying these things to change the fact that the person who was leading in the election was not the person they wanted in office.
I’m not for any presidents of the US (past, present, and future), but what the media was doing was messed up.
Now, of course, not all artists feel this like that (or believe), but they do it to not look bad. Which I totally get, especially for smaller artists bc then their career will be over if they oppose what the media says. -I seriously don’t know what to say.
Nehal @Quirky Pages
1. I don’t like evermore that much –Ok, seriously dude, it is a good album. I didn’t like it too, until Evin asked me to listen to the songs again. 2. I hate peaches very much!! 👽 –I got my peaches out in Georgia, oh yeah shit~ Same Nehu. 3. I think all songs by black pink and olivia rodrigo are awesome but I’m not a fan of their mvs –I like BP, but I feel like all of their songs are very similar to each other. I hate Olivia. Don’t even ask me why. 4. I actually like tony kakkar and his songs. –Again, the only song I’ve heard by him Coca Cola. I liked it. 5. Oh and I don’t like the concept of bands with only one person who sings all songs. –Oh, I wouldn’t like it too I guess. I already hate the fact that JK gets a lot of lines, but I know it’s everyone’s decision. But yeah, I wouldn’t like it too.
1. Rosé’s solo album was better than Lalisa -I listened to Lalisa. But even my IRL friends think so. That Lalisa was not that good.
2. I think some Bollywood artists have degraded while some are emerging (like Armaan Malik and Asees Kaur, and also Jubin Nautiyal) –True. And some bollywood singers are not even known, even if they are really good!
3. Taylor Swift deserved the Album of the year for Lover (idk if it’s unpopular) –Yup, even I think so, but yeah, I don’t think it’s unpopular. It is a really good album!
4. Sour by Olivia Rodrigo, in my opinion, Didn’t deserve all of its songs in the top 30 of Billboard Hot 100. I mean it’s a cool album but not all songs are great. –Same. Hate Olivia!
5. Charlie Puth, Hailee Steinfeld and Anne-Marie are really underrated artists. – Ik ik ik!!!! They really are, and some of their songs are masterpieces!!
7. Even though being a BTS fan, i don’t like rap songs other than in K-pop. I mean I don’t like Drake and people. –Same! I’m not a big fan of English rapping. Korean works tho. They rap musically, if that makes sense?
8. Country music is so cool (Thanks to Taylor for introducing me to it) –It is! I would not have liked country, if it weren’t for TS!
Ib @It’s IB
1. I think American music shows are very biased and overrated –Oh, I sorta don’t like them much either actually. But are they overrated? I mean, I think not many people like those shows? 2. I think Olivia Rodrigo writes songs for secondary school kids going through a break up 😭😭 –lol. Hate Olivia!
Dhriti @Girl Power
1. I do not like k pop a lot like some of BTS crazy fan friends. ( there is this girl who made a scrap book filled with bts singers there songs, awards and bts art and craft. She went mad thinking about BTS. ) Sorry k pop fans, I just do not like it. They all look the same do not get the difference. – Ok, so personal opinion, it’s her choice. So what if she goes mad thinking about them? You don’t like them. Ok. You can’t tell other people to not like them too. 2. And I also hate peaches –It really is overrated I feel. Though I sorta like it. More like a love-hate relationship, you know? 3. Olivia Rodrigo writes mostly break up songs, when is she ever happy – lol. I don’t know. But hate Olivia! 4. Listening to music while studying is not a good idea but if you are a multitasker then okay, one time I was listening to music and studying I wrote the same question 3 times. – R-E-L-A-T-A-B-L-E 5.Most bands start to write bad music when they become popular –Maybe. I’m not so sure about that. I mean, why would they do that??
Shweta di @My Random Ramblings
I can’t read or write while listening to music either. It is really distracting. But I love listening to music while driving. It keeps me calm when I’m stuck in traffic. But on the other hand, when I was a student, I used to listen to music while working out mathematical problems. And I never used to make any mistakes either. That was the one reason why I used to love working out mathematical problems! – Same!! It is distracting, and it’s like, not giving justice to such wonderful music. Music should have it’s own time!
1. Louis Tomlinson deserves more recognition (not that unpopular but) –Me knows nothing about 1D. But he’s cute.
2. Falling deserved a Grammy rather than watermelon sugar (Harry styles) –I haven’t listened to both of those songs.
3. Wrong artists are featured too much. –Oh. Ok. I never thought of this. I’ll concentrate more on the featuring artists from now on ig.
4. Olivia Rodrigo is overrated –IKR!! Hate Olivia
Simran @Far from perfect
1. I dont like Ariana Grande’s songs all that much some of them are nice but I dont like a lot of them -Same you know? Some of her songs are good. But I don’t love her songs a lot.
2.I think Rose’ was better than Lalisa –Again, my friends think so too. So I think so too, hehe.
3. I like butter better than Permission to dance –100% agree!
4. I think BTS deserved that grammy –Ditto!!!
5. Most new hindi songs are not good they are just noisy– Yass!!! I know!
1. Not all techno music is bad
There are some pretty chill and cool artists like Daft Punk, TheFatRat, Marshmello and a bunch of others. Never listened to techno music. Or so I think. I’m sure I wouldn’t have realised it was techno. Will give it a try.
2. I personally think studying with music isn’t that great for me because it serves as a distraction and just makes me lose focus. –True! Very true! I’ve experienced that! And we need to give music justice. It’s not a side. It’s the main course!
3. Band/artist shirts worn by non fans of an artist shouldn’t be made a big deal of by fans of the said artist. Maybe the person who bought the shirt probably liked how it looked or something? This doesn’t suggest that they should be labeled a “poser” by fans. It’s just a piece of clothing after all. –Yeah, true. But fans do that? I didn’t know about it.
4. Mainstream rap music has just gone down the gutter in the recent times……I’m sad to say this as someone who occasionally listens to rap 😅 – I have only ever liked BTS raps. And I don’t really like the English rap artists. I guess this is why?
Poorwa @Poorwa’s Blog
1. Anyone who doesn’t like rap because of swearing and other nonsense stuff, should definitely give K-pop a try. –IKR!!!
2. Little Mix songs are underrated and it’s not fair. I’m not a fan of their music videos though. –Yes, they are!! Underrated, I mean! I agree.
3. Listening to music while writing my assignments or projects helps me to write faster and this way I don’t get tired easily. –True. It actually helps. Though I still feel like we should give priority to the music more.
4. Bollywood music has lost its place in my eyes. Most of their new songs are nothing but remixes with nonsense lyrics. –Me too! IKR!!!
5. I don’t like Tony Kakkar, Nicki Minaj and Cardi B. And yes, Jason Derulo too but I love a couple of his songs. –Same.
6. Sour by Olivia Rodrigo was a great album but I think it’s quite overrated. –Hate Olivia!
Rayna @Ray’s Realm
1. I don’t like rap. –Oh, ok.
2. Nor do I like kpop. –Oh, ok. Again.
3. Ariana Grande is overrated. –Yess!!!
Betty @The Box of Wonder!
1. Taylor swift is better than BTS or any other kind of famous bands these days(Is that unpopular?) – Ok, first off, yes, that is an unpopular opinion. Good one. Second, Taylor Swift is not a band. 2. If you listen to music while writing something, you will write the lyrics of that song instead of what you’re supposed to (it happens with me a lot, I’ve stopped listening to songs while studying😪) – I have never done it, but I have heard people doing it. 3. Kpop and Rap songs DON’T deserve the publicity they get (I just don’t like them) –Ahh, that’s the point though. It’s your opinion only. You can’t decide about their publicity, can you?
Done done done! I hope guys enjoyed reading it So, by the time I post this, I’ll be on a hiatus(Yup, this is scheduled). But I couldn’t keep this any longer. I also wanted to tell you guys that there will be reminder posts for the magazine throughout the hiatus, coz I’m just taking a wordpress hiatus. I don’t wanna stop publishing magazines. So yeah, there will be that. At least 5 reminders each month. And I’m sure it won’t be a 6 month long hiatus. It might be? I don’t know. But I’ll sure be back one day(my first one year WP anniversary!! It’s on Jin’s birthday, if that isn’t enough hint, I don’t know what is😂) then I’ll go away again, except for the already scheduled and reminder posts, I won’t be active here at all. I’m really sorry tho. But 12th, I really need score a good percentage, if I wanna get into a good architecture college in the US. And the way I’m studying now is not at all enough. I hope you guys understand.
The October issue will be out on 1st November. As usual , I’ll link the magazine, and it will be published on the issuu website. Also, guys, send your poems, write-ups, quotes, songs and letters(to literally anyone) you’ve written to email@example.com The last date to submit your entries is 22nd November, if you want to make it to the November issue. You can read this post for more information about the magazine. And you can find the link for the September issue in this post! Check it out if you wanna know how the magazine actually is like. Will be waiting for your mails!
That’s it for now. Take care guys!